Fund for Blog Development-Please click

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Most Common Habit of Rich People

During a seminar I attended last year, the speaker asked,” Who reads the book Blue Ocean Strategy?”
More than half of the class raised their hands. It makes sense because it was a seminar about how to be successful in life. Most of the participants are business people and high level executives.
Last month, I attended the KL book festival. I was invited to attend my book launching ceremony at the main stage. I met Azizi Ali, the local best-selling author, who told me that the number of books published in a country is correlated to the wealth of the citizens. More books published in a year indicate that the country is more developed. Therefore, the people are richer too.
Last week, a friend who is quite affluent shared a business idea with me. He told me that the rich never eat alone. In fact, there is a business book entitled “Never Eat Alone”. He actually didn’t realize that he is doing what the book says naturally. By reading the book, it just reminded him that he was doing the right thing all these while.
From the three occasions I shared above, do you find the common habit of rich people?

What is the common habit of the rich?

Rich people reads. They read a lot!
Although the media might be different compared to centuries ago, ranging from newspapers, magazines, books and more recently – Internet! The rich people read regularly.
Another common habit of the rich is that they attend seminars and training. You shouldn’t be amazed that the rich people won’t hesitate to pay thousands dollars to attend courses by Anthony Robbins and Robert Kiyosaki even during a financial crisis. If you want to find the richest people, just go to the most expensive courses or seminars. I guarantee that you will see them there!
The rich learn from the super-rich. The super-rich learn from the ultra-rich.
They attend seminar not just to learn, but also to meet and network with other rich people.

Simply said, rich people love to learn.

They learn through reading, attending seminar and networking with other rich people.

But I am not rich yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment